Mission & Core Values
We strive for a world free of racism, poverty, sexism, and other oppressions.
The Boston Women’s Fund is a progressive foundation that supports community based organizations and grassroots initiatives run by women and girls in order to create a society based on racial, economic and social justice.
BWF Core Values
- We believe that change starts at the grassroots level, and systemic change is necessary to achieve racial, economic and social justice.
- We believe that power and wealth must be redistributed to attain equity and systemic change.
- We believe that the fight for women’s rights is an integral part of a larger struggle to end oppression based on race, class, gender, age, religion, ability, or sexual orientation.
- We believe that all movements must combat racism by being racially and culturally diverse in both membership and leadership if progressive change is to occur.
- We believe that women and girls of color as well as those of extremely low-income must and can be leaders within all movements if progressive change is to occur.
- We believe that educating and organizing a diverse donor base is a critical strategy for amassing broad support for social-change movements.
- We strive to reflect our commitment to shared leadership, equity, and cultural diversity in all aspects of our organization’s operations.